Computer programming with Java is easier than it looks. In just 24 lessons of one hour or less, you can learn to write computer programs in Java.
Using a straightforward, step-by-step approach, popular author Rogers Cadenhead helps you master the skills and technology you need to create desktop and web programs, web services, an Android app, and even Minecraft mods in Java.
Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success.
Full-color figures and clear step-by-step instructions visually show you how to program with Java.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
Notes, Tips, and Cautions provide related information, advice, and warnings.
Learn how to…
• Set up your Java programming environment
• Write your first working program in just minutes
• Control program decisions and behavior
• Store and work with information
• Build straightforward user interfaces
• Create interactive web programs
• Use threading to build more responsive programs
• Read and write files and XML data
• Master best practices for object-oriented programming
• Use Java 9’s new HTTP client
• Use Java to create an Android app
• Expand your skills with closures
• Create Minecraft mods with Java