Since the first denial of service (DoS) was launched in 1974, distributed denial of service (DDoS) and other DoS attacks have remained among the most persistent and damaging cyber-attacks. These attacks reflect hackers’ frustratingly high levels of tenacity and creativity—and create complex and dynamic challenges for anyone responsible for cyber security.
While cyber-threats are by nature a moving target, this primer offers an overview to help detect and mitigate attacks. Radware’s DDoS Handbook delivers:
• Brief history of DDoS attacks plus a roundup of recent cyber-attacks
• Overview of major attack types and tools
• Brief discussion of the ongoing evolution of enterprise security
• Actionable tools and tips for attack detection and mitigation
• Detailed vendor evaluation checklist for DDoS and cyber-attack detection and mitigation
• DDoS dictionary to help communicate about and address threats
Throughout the handbook, you’ll also encounter some key findings and analysis from Radware’s 2014-2015 Global Application & Network Security Report—one of the industry’s leading pieces of research into DDoS and other cyber-attacks.